Ignition Interlock Device
Ignition Interlock Device Requirements:
Section 316.193, Florida Statutes, states that ignition interlock devices must be installed on the vehicle of certain persons convicted of DUI. The driver must blow into the device before they can start their vehicle. If the driver blows above a certain breath alcohol threshold the vehicle will not start. This lock out will result in a violation.
Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles will send a violation letter to the driver. Within 20 days of receipt of the letter, the offender must contact Sunshine Safety Council to schedule an appointment. The DUI Program Provider (SSC) shall notify the DHSMV immediately when the convicted person contacts the DUI program, and schedules an appointment.
- First Violation – A One-Time 1/2 Hour Appointment
- Second Violation – A One-Time 1 Hour Appointment Followed by Monthly 1/2 Hr Appointments Until the IID is Removed
- Third Violation – A One-Time 1 Hour Appointment and A Referral to A Substance Abuse Treatment Provider. And Monthly 1/2 Hr Appointments Until the IID is Removed
Ignition Interlock Device Fees:
- First IID Violation Appointment Fee = $25.00
- Second IID Violation Case Management Appointment Fee = $55.00
- Third IID Violation Treatment Plan + DRI Appointment Fee = $60.00
- Second IID Violation Case Management Missed Appointment Fee = $55.00
- Third IID Violation Treatment Plan Missed Appointment Fee = $55.00
- IID Monthly Appointment Fee = $45.00
- IID Monthly Missed Appointment Fee = $25.00
Failure to comply with Interlock supervision requirements will result in the cancellation of the person’s drivers license in which case, the Interlock time requirement will start over.
You must schedule with a DUI Program in the County in which you live, work, or go to school. Sunshine Safety Council serves Volusia, Flagler, and Putnam Counties ONLY. Office Hours & Locations
Appointments are scheduled by calling the Sunshine Safety Council at 386.253.6400. Fees are due at the time of scheduling.